Sunday, June 19, 2011

June 18th - Shower time!

Landon is doing alright today.  They have been noticing that our little man has a heart murmur (not sure if I have mentioned it before or not) so they decided to do an echo cardiogram on him.  They want to see if this is something he will need surgery on or if it is possibly something that will fix itself.  The results came back and he does not have a PDA (good news), basically we will just watch to see if the murmur will fix itself.  There are not any major changes they are going to make right now.  His oxygen levels are a little more elevated still so they are also watching that closely to see if they can figure out what's going on.

I got to kangaroo with Landon today since Jason did yesterday and will tomorrow for Fathers Day.  Gosh, I just love hanging out and holding him.  Oh, we also brought Landon some new cloths to cover his eyes...


It might work better if we actually covered his eyes, he is just so cute though!

After Kangaroo time, we headed home to get ready for a wonderful evening.  A few of my close friends hosted a small baby shower for me which was absolutely amazing!  They decided to host it at night and prepare dinner for everyone.  I wish I had more pictures but they did a fantastic job.  We had a mashed potato bar (the mashed potatoes were served in martini glasses), Mac-n-cheese bites, awesome meatball sliders, and Cesar salad in individual won ton bowls.  The girls went above and beyond.  On top of all of that there was great sangria, fruit kabobs, and possibly the cutest cupcakes I have ever seen:

Sorry for the phone pictures.  I took these when I got home from the shower.  I will update with some better photos as soon as I can snag them from Becky

Look at these plates too... L O V E

The shower was absolutely wonderful and I am so thankful to everyone that was able to make it.  The generosity of everyone in attendance blew me away.   Just for kicks, here is a picture of "The Girls."  I have been friends with these ladies for many years now, they are amazing friends and great hostesses!


(Left to Right:  Teresa, Becky, Me, Jenny, and Ashley)  We have another counterpart but she was busy having a little boy of her own that night in Minnesota.  Congrats Lindsey!!!!!

We went back after the shower to hang out with Landon during his 9pm cares.  Landon was wide awake and hamming it up for the camera.  I just love this little baby!


Totally looks like he is waving, at least to me!  :)

He gained weight again tonight, we are up to 880 grams or 1lb. 15oz.  We are right on the heels of 2 lbs!  Today was wonderful, looking forward to Father's Day tomorrow.

Much Love,
Jason and Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment