Wednesday, June 15, 2011

June 14th - Better Days

I went in this morning not planning on doing Kangaroo time, Landon was scheduled for a bath instead.  When babies are that small you can only do one big thing like that in a 12 hour period.  When I got to the hospital, one of our Primary Nurses had me all set up to hold the little guy and said bath time could wait until that night.  I was really nervous because if Landon had "rejected" me two days in a row it may have sent me over the edge.  (By the way, I know he didn't reject me but that is how my crazy hormonal brain was thinking that morning)

We had a great almost 3 hours of Kangaroo time and he did wonderfully.  It was great to hold him and feel a little rejuvenated in my "mommy-ness."  I am just so thankful for our time together.

Tonight was bath time again, thank goodness... little man was a little stinky!  We nabbed a few pictures of him, of course I will share them with you below.

Julia (his nurse) wrapped his little head after bath time to keep him warm


Hospital lighting is not very nice to me, whatever!

Yup, sometimes I get to sneak a kiss on his tiny little head!

We have not had many changes the past few days but again, that is a good thing.  We are hoping for small, steady improvements.  Oh, like tonight!  Landon gained 50 grams and is now back up to 790 grams or 1 lb. 12 oz.   His weight fluctuates a lot right now, we are hoping for just steady increases from here on out.

Much Love,
Jason and Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment