Tuesday, May 31, 2011

May 24th - The Day Landon was born

Landon Caleb Marley was born Tuesday, May 24th at 11:19am.  He was delivered via c-section and weighed 1 pound 6 ounces.  He scored an 8 and a 9 on his apgar scores (which is VERY good) and handled his delivery well.  Jason and Jenny were both in the operating room with me, Jenny holding my hand and walking Jason and I through the entire process.

The operating room was surprisingly calm and the experience was much better than I thought it would be.  Jason got to watch as they broke my water and pulled out our cute little boy.  Ladon let out teeny little baby cries when he came out, which we were not expecting, and it was the most precious sound I had ever heard.  Jason got to cut the umbilical cord, take some pictures and eventually went up the the NICU with him while they stitched me up and took me to recovery.  Below are some pictures from the most surreal day of my life!  :)


Baby Marley



The following pictures are of the first time I got to meet him, they wheeled me up from the recovery room.  They let me touch him for a few minutes which was so scary and so cool.





Much Love,
Jason and Kristin



No comments:

Post a Comment