Thursday, June 2, 2011

May 31st - Rough Night

So today was Jason's first day back at work since Landon was born.  I know he didn't get much sleep and wasn't looking forward to going back, but is making a sacrifice for us and working as much as he can.  I have come to love my husband so much more during this whole process.  He has really stepped up to take care of his family and shown a new side to me the past few weeks.  I think he is already becoming an amazing father, can't wait to see him playing with Landon sometime down the road.  I am so thankful that I married him and that God is walking with both of us through this process.

Landon had a rought night last night.  His lungs are not as developed as they need to be and he is out of the "honeymoon phase."  Everyone around here expected him to get a little worse before he got better, I just wasn't.  His oxygen levels were up to 100% last night, he was just agitated and not doing well.  When I came in this morning he was doing better but we need to get him off of this jet ventialtor and onto a conventional one.

They also started a PICC line on him this morning.  A PICC line is basically like a long term IV, they run in through his vein up towards his heart.  It will stay in hopefully for most of his stay here, please pray against infection as that could be very detrimental to Landon.  They were able to take out one of the IVs they had in his umbilical cord now that the PICC is in and will take out the second either later today or tomorrow.

Landon did continue to gain weight at his 8pm cares and if I do say so myself, I can getting much better at his diaper changes! We will keep you posted on his status and how his lungs are doing. 

Much Love,
Jason and Kristin

1 comment:

  1. Kristin and Jason,
    I am praying for you all every time I think of you, which is pretty muchall the time. I know this is dumb but I think he looks like Jason. Maybe it's the lack of hair...Ha ha. Landon is so cute! I will continue to pray for strong lungs and no infections.
    Love,
    Aunt Sue

    ReplyDelete