Thursday, June 9, 2011

June 8th - Kangaroo Time

So things have been pretty well maintained around here.  No big changes which is not a bad thing.  I think both Jason and I are hoping for some good, big changes in the near future but we will take whatever we can get.

Landon is officially done with his round of steroids.  He was given his last round this morning and is done when they run out.  They are watching his sugars and blood pressure carefully as both can be effected with the steroids.  The doctor also ordered a head ultrasound today and everything looks good on that, no brain bleeds or any complications they can see so far from the steroids.  He lost weight tonight which was a bummer, hopefully we will swing back tomorrow night.  They have upped his feedings to 2cc's per hour, every hour.  He is getting a ton of food and they are fortifying it with extra calories (kind of like Muscle Milk for babies) in hopes of him gaining weight quickly.  They will try to extubate him once he hits 1000 grams.  That will be wonderful news and we are hopeful that he will make it there soon.

I got to Kangaroo with my sweet little man this morning for a few hours and loved it like usual.  We came back at night for his 9pm cares and Jason got to Kangaroo for the first time!!!  Of course, no good camera again but I did snag a few photos of the two of them.  Jason was pretty excited but unfortunately didn't get a ton of time with him since we started so late at night. 


He had his eyes open almost the whole time!

Come on, they look CUTE together!

Anyways, I think the length of this journey is starting to settle in for me a little bit.  I know that in the end three months won't seem like that long, but it feels like forever to me currently.  It is hard constantly running back and forth and spending all your time in the hospital, but there is no where else you want to be.  I love spending time with my little man, and I am looking at all of the positives I can see, but this is challenging.  Having a sick preemie is not easy and I am so thankful to the nurses and doctors who keep such a watchful eye on Landon.  This must be one of the hardest, most rewarding jobs. 

As always we will keep you posted on anything else we find out.

Much Love,
Jason and Kristin

1 comment:

  1. I follow Dreambookdesign pretty regularly and just came across her post about your baby...saying prayers for your family. I have a brother Caleb who is up there in heaven and I am saying my prayers to my Caleb to take care of your lil Landon Caleb....all the best thoughts to your family.

    ReplyDelete