Monday, June 6, 2011

June 5th - Praise the Lord!

That may sound a little "Cheesy Christian" but seriously, praise the Lord because we had a GREAT day today!  After a few rough days, lots of crying, and even more praying we were finally given today. 

We came in this morning for 8am cares and as we came through the doors the nurses were preparing to change him to the conventional ventilator!  As they did this, we got to watch him breathe on his own for a little while, it was so amazing!!!  It is shocking to me how quickly your maternal instincts kicked in, I was so proud of him I honestly cried.  Now the crying may still be a result of the crazy amount of hormones running through my body, but at least these were happy tears.  After he was switched over he did great, his oxygen levels were down and he just seemed a little bit happier. 

We came back around 2pm for his cares and Lori (Landon's nurse) surprised us and told us we could start Kangaroo time TODAY!  If I had more energy I probably would have cried again...  They got him all set up, brought him over to me and I got to hold our sweet little baby for an hour.  It was one of the best experiences of my life.  He is so tiny and just hung out with me, I miss having "us" time.  We used to spend all day together, just him and I, and I have missed that. 

Here are the few pictures we got of Kangaroo Care, we of course forgot the good camera so please excuse the terrible phone pictures:




Yes, I did get to sport a stylish hospital gown again for this

We had a pretty quiet night, Jason's parents came to visit and Grandma Marley got to help with cares a little bit.  It was Jason's parents 40th Anniversary and they chose to spend part of that with Landon which I thought was great.  Oh, and I almost forgot...  Jason changed his first diaper tonight and did a wonderful job!

I think both Jason and I have finally relaxed a little with the good news which has let the exhaustion of the past two weeks finally settle in a bit.  We are so proud, happy, and thankful for this wonderful day.  God is good!  Even in the midst of crap He is still good and has proven that to me time and again.  Thank you all again for your prayers and support.  Although we don't always have time to respond to everyone, we do cherish your messages and words of encouragement.

As always, Much Love,
Jason and Kristin

4 comments:

  1. God is good! I am so happy for you! The pictures are wonderful and you look happy. I will continue to pray for good days. Love, Aunt Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! So excited that you finally got to hold your precious boy...there is nothing like it! Will be praying for more good days to come :)

    Love,
    Hickles

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you got to hold that sweet baby boy!!!! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah you got to hold him!! Amazing feeling! We are praying for his growth and strength. You are so strong, seriously I admire you. And the crying oh the crying. Welcome go mommy hood!

    ReplyDelete